Would you know what to do if someone talked to you about having thoughts of suicide?
Lifeline Canberra offers a two-day program designed for people in the community who want to feel more comfortable, confident and competent in helping people at risk of suicide.
ASIST is a highly interactive, practical, practice-oriented workshop.
This course covers the following topics:
- Suicide first aid approach
- Feelings and experiences relating to suicide
- Connecting: building connections, identifying invitations and asking the question
- Understanding: hearing the story and understanding choices
- Assisting: supporting safety, developing a safe plan and confirming actions
- Networking: support for persons at risk and community resources
Participants will leave with a toolbox of skills and be competent in the following:
- Increased awareness of suicidality
- Recognising risk indicators and responding to meet individual safety needs
- Provision of the ASIST Pathway to Assisting Life
- Identifying the key elements and implementation of an effective suicide safety plan
- Recognising other important aspects of suicide prevention including life-promotion and self-care
Minimum 8 participants / Maximum 18 participants
To make a booking, please contact us below or on email@example.com
By attending training with Lifeline, you agree to our terms and conditions.
No courses currently scheduled.